There are currently 100,000 people living in Canada with Parkinson's Disease, and this number is expected to double by 2030. There is no cure for Parkinson's Disease, and there are no medications which slow the progression of the disease.
While people often associate tremors with Parkinson's Disease, 30% of those diagnosed with Parkinson's never have a tremor. There are many non-visible symptoms of Parkinson's Disease.
For more information about Parkinson's Disease, check out these great resources:
- Understanding Parkinson's - Parkinson Canada
- Symptoms - Parkinson Canada
- Young Onset Parkinson's - Parkinson Canada
- Parkinson's Disease Causes - Michael J. Fox Foundation
- Blog - Michael J. Fox Foundation
Or watch this Youtube video: Parkinson's Talk 360